So anyway, I hope that everyone is doing well! I myself am doing ok overall.
So, some highlights of late are that:
- I am 95% certain that I will be in New Orleans to celebrate Maha's wedding in November!
- My company finally released the funds to pay my corporate charge card
- Steve is in town for most of September, so it is cool that he is back again!
And of course, there have been some lowlights as well, including:
- We are scheduled to have a corporate audit in October, and it seems that they are stacking the deck against us in particular ways
- At one point, my manager suggested my assignment to live in Sweden was danger, but we cleared that up within a day
Of course, there was the anniversary of September 11th, which I wanted to spend remembering friends who perished in the world trade center, but instead spent working.
So what else is really happening. Things are progressing on the relationship front -- there are a couple of choices and I have already made one. I just need to make sure they feel the same way about me.
On the friends front, it seems like my Swedish friends and I are going through a rought spot. But it is not "me" vs "them" at all! In fact, it has more to do with expectations-management. But I love them just as much as I did before, so we will weather this storm just like good friends do.
And oh yeah, my work computer (an IBM Thinkpad laptop) went down on Thursday afternoon and wasn't restored until Monday afternoon. So I had over 200 e-mails to work through, and I was sad because I thought that I had lost a lot of data. So I so concerned now that I am on the market for a 80 GB external USB drive to back up the important stuff. But in the meantime, I'll use the CD burner on my PC to make copies of the essential files. I just need to figure out what those are. But since we are in the middle of an audit, and I just got my machine back, I need to put it off until sometimes over the weekend.
So overall, yeah that's a lot to report. But things have been going relatively well. The next 7 weeks will be extremely busy and extremely challenging, but with family and friends around, I will get through it.
So if I don't always respond right away for a while, you know why!
And oh yeah, I need some new pics for LiveJournal. I am getting so tired of these old ones! Any suggestions for scene or poses?