So another day, another entry. In some ways I am a bit lucky this week because it is a short work week which means I have had more opportunity to go to the gym. I also get to cook more which is a good thing.
Today was a super stressful day at work, and for awhile I had a craving for something sweet or a glass of wine. But I managed to work through those cravings. I have also had a bit of a head cold for the past 2 days, but I haven’t slowed my workout or changed my eating habits.
In terms of exercise today I did:
- Absolution – a 30 minute online offering from my gym. Good thing I did that at home….I did really poorly and it showed a clear need to work on my core.
- Body pump – a great session, even if it embarassingly reminded me that I have essentially lost all of the arm strength I gained in the summer.
In terms of food I ate:
- Omlette with asparagus and mushroom, a glass of tomato juice, and coffee.
- Chicken Capri (the last one), oven roasted veggies, and South Beach mashed ‘potatoes ‘ (leftovers)
- 4 South Beach turkey roll ups, half an avocado, and lime jello. Note here that I am not particularly proud of my dinner today. The stress of work today was exhausting so I slept during the early evening hours (6pm-10pm) and I wanted to give my body some type of quick fuel.
Another thing I will mention here. I have a FitBit Aria wireless scale. I weigh myself every 1-2 days. One of the measurements I like is the Lean vs Fat measurement, which attempts to show you how much of your weight is muscle vs fat. My percentages have gotten worse Sunday. I think it is a bit too early to be concerned, but if the percentage of muscle keeps on dropping compared to fat, then I have to re-think how I eat. I am assuming this is happening because of Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet.
Finally, some ‘good’ news today from a food perspective. By chance I googled “South Beach Diet Updates” and was happy to find out that they added milk, yoghurt, and tomatoes to Phase 1 (my book was one of the first editions back in 2003). In a previous journal entry I said how much I would miss milk in Phase 1. Now I don’t have to 🙂 And tomatoes in any quantity means better soups and salads. I am a happy guy 🙂